LEE was established by Harry Lee in 1986; he was a co-founder of Kjellstrom and Lee Inc., a Richmond, Virginia-based General Contractor. Harry Lee sold Kjellstrom and Lee Inc. to the Gilbane Building Company in 1983.
Jim Lee, CEO and Owner of Heyward & Lee Construction Company, joined Harry Lee in 2001 following the sale of his General Contracting and Construction Management firm to Beers, a U.S. subsidiary of Skanska AB Sweden.
LEE Construction Consultants, has provided turn-key management services on such representative projects as:
- Riverfront Plaza Office Towers
- SunTrust Operations Center
- Historic St John’s Episcopal Church
(a national historic landmark)
- Hanover Medical Park & Hospital
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Addition
“Every building is a prototype. No two are alike.” —Helmut Jahn